* CAFÉS WITHOUT RETAIL CONSUMPTION LIQUOR LICENSE: If beer/wine consumption (BYOB) is permitted at your sidewalk café, it is not to be
sold or provided in any way by the café license holder. Proof of $1 million Liquor Liability insurance required.
* CAFÉS WITH RETAIL CONSUMPTION LIQUOR LICENSE: If alcohol consumption is permitted at your sidewalk café, lease agreement must be
requested from and approved by Common Council EACH YEAR. Proof of $1 million Liquor Liability insurance required.
* Café Plan: Identification of adjacent properties, Drawing (to scale), Statement of seating capacity, Statement of inside/outside storage - (4-20.9k).
You may attach a copy of these plans, but you must mail a hard copy to our office to complete the application process.
* Indemnification Agreement: (4-20.6) - Please review and sign where provided on the "Hold Harmless" tab.
* All other documents listed below are required - please attach them on the section provided in the "Attachments and Certification" Tab.
Written Permission of Building Owner (building from which licensed Retail Food Establishment is operated): (4-20.4A.3) If other than
applicant, written authorization and approval to conduct Sidewalk Café per Plan submitted.
Statement of Seating Capacity: Sidewalk Café seating (number of outdoor tables and outdoor chairs) and seating capacity (in compliance with
Fire Code Occupancy Load) of existing indoor retail food establishment operated by applicant
Insurance Certificate Requirements (MUST be provided on the Insurance Certificate):
A. "The certificate holder, City of Summit, is included as an additional insured as respects losses arising solely from the operation of the
B. The City of Summit shall be provided with 10 days written Notice of Cancellation.
Statement of inside/outside storage: (4-20.9.k) of Sidewalk Café equipment (tables, chairs, umbrellas, etc.), whether it will be brought inside each
night OR where and how it will be secured outside.
Sidewalk Lease Request Letter (for Plenary Retail Consumption Liquor License Holders only) subject to review by City Officials. Tax Assessor
will determine the land lease value in which applicant, after review and approval by Council, will be required pay the lease fee and sign an agreement
with the City for the land lease (4-20.10.b).
1 to 10 Seats, no more than two tables $116.00
11 to 25 Seats $289.00
26 to 50 Seats $404.00
Over 50 Seats $473.00
4. I sign this Hold - Harmless as my voluntary act and by this act agree to hold you harmless and indemnify you from any claims, suits,
or other actions arising from, caused by, or which are the alleged result of any act or omission of any organization, corporation, guest
invitee, licensee, visitor or other person present on the premises listed above in order to participate in, organize, assist, enjoy,
supervise or in any other way further the activity to be held (as described above) on the dates listed above.
5. I state that the activity listed above will not include the consumption of alcoholic beverages but should any person described in Paragraph
4 consume alcohol or allow or permit others to consume alcohol then I agree to be bound by the terms of Paragraph 6 below.
6. I state that the activity listed above will include the consumption of alcoholic beverages and that because of such consumption I have
the following additional duties to You related to the use of the site listed above:
a) that I am solely responsible for the dispensing and consumption of alcohol, including the prudent and responsible dispensing and
consumption of alcohol by all persons involved in the activity described above, including but not limited to those persons
described in Paragraph 4 above;
b) to acknowledge by the signing of this Hold-Harmless that You have no authority, control, or participation in the dispensation or
consumption of alcohol on the site and date listed above and that I Will take no step, action, or measure to convey the idea
that You in any way have promoted, assisted, or participated in the dispensing and consumption of alcoholic beverages on the
site and date listed above;
c) that I will not allow persons under the age of 21 to dispense or consume alcohol at the site during the activity to be held on Your
d) to comply with all Municipal Ordinances relating to the consumption of alcoholic beverages, including but not limited to obtaining
any necessary permits.
7. I also agree that where the municipal officer signing this Hold - Harmless on your behalf feels I should provide to You a "Certificate of
Insurance" and proof of "Special Events Insurance" that I shall provide same to that municipal officer as soon as practicable and not less
than five (5) business days before the date of the planned activity. The appropriate municipal officer will check below if this Paragraph
is applicable to the activity listed above. Said Insurance shall be written with a company maintaining a rating of at least "A-", according
to A.M. Bests. Said policy shall be in an amount of not less than one million dollars ($1,000,000) per occurrence ($3,000,000 per occur-
rence if liquor is being served). It is understood You will be listed as an additional insured on the policy and Certificate of Insurance.
Applicable ____X____ Not Applicable _________
In the event said certificate of insurance is not provided as set forth above, I recognize the event must be canceled and not be held as scheduled.
8. (Applicable to Corporations Only) I also agree that I am obligated to reimburse You for all reasonable attorney's fees incurred by You to
enforce the terms of this Hold-Harmless or to defend Yourself against any claim, suit, demand for subrogation, or other action which a
court of competent jurisdiction later determines by final order or judgment should have been defended by Me at My sole cost and expense
pursuant to this Hold-Harmless.