1) THE CITY CLERK'S OFFICE DOES NOT LOOK UP RECORDING INFORMATION OVER THE PHONE OR CONDUCT TITLE SEARCHES!
2) Vermont does not have county seats for recording. Each Town has it's own municipality and land record documents that must be sent to the town or city in which the land is involved. If you are unsure where a property is located, you may call our office at (802) 773-1800 x5. For a list of all Vermont Town Clerks, please click here.
3) The Rutland City's Clerk Office is not equipped or staffed to perform title researches, nor does the Office look up recording information over the phone.
4) Since we are unable to perform extensive research, we have compiled a list of persons who have indicated their willingness to perform title work for a fee. These persons are not affiliated with the Clerk's Office, nor are we aware of what their charges are. The City of Rutland does not accept any responsibility for their work and/or reports. If you wish to engage the services or one or more of them, please call our office for the names and contact information.
1) Documents recorded on January 1, 2004 and forward can be searched by clicking here to sign in as a guest or create an account. Please be aware that only indexes can be searched; the actual documents cannot be viewed unless you become a subscriber. Listings are updated daily (click on the "Good Through Dates" tab when you log in. You can search by names & addresses.
2) Notice: The Rutland City Clerk's Office encourages use of the site provided above. We hope you find it helpful and convenient; however, please be aware that the information presented may not include all recent changes. Please contact the Clerk's office if you have any questions (802-773-1800 x5).
1) If you need a copy of a recorded document that pertains to and recorded in the City of Rutland (e.g. Mortgage, Lien, Discharge, Deed, Permit, etc.), the following fees apply:
Uncertified Copies: $1.00 per page
Certified Copies: $10.00 per page
2) You MUST provide the book & page of the recorded document including the name(s) and property address of the recorded document.
3) The City of Rutland will fax documents; however, certified copies will ONLY be mailed.
4) Documents are for Rutland City, Vermont only.