The Borough of New Providence has limited facility resources that must be shared in an equitable manner by many users groups. This Facility Use Policy is designed to meet that goal.
The decision for facility use allocation sits at the discretion of the authorized borough personnel. Organizations and or persons requesting use are not guaranteed space based on the policies outlined.
The Borough will attempt to balance all requests so that no group will use these rules to prevent another group from having reasonable access to our limited resources.
An organization is deemed Class #1 if:
Its mission relates to education, health, character, athletics, and citizenship training.
Examples of Class #1 organizations are those affiliated with the Borough Council and its sub-groups, the public schools, Public Library, Rescue Squad, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Police Athletic League, New Providence Soccer Club, New Providence-based church groups for non-religious activities, League of Women Voters, etc.
NOTE: “Borough-wide representation” is satisfied when at least sixty percent (60%) of the membership and/or at least sixty percent of the specific activities’ participants are residents of New Providence.
An organization is deemed Class #2 if:
An organization is deemed Class #3 if:
***All users regardless of organization class are considered renters
Prior to Use:
All groups wishing to reserve a field/facility must adhere to following procedures:
Reservation Request Acceptance Process
Reservations are accepted for the following seasons as outlined below:
APPLICATION SCHEDULE – SEASONAL REQUESTS
Mid-August through Mid-November
NP Organizations: June 25th - July 6th
Others: July 7th – July 14th
Monday after Thanksgiving through Mid-March
NP Organizations: September 1st - 7th
Others: September 8th - 15th
3rd Monday in March through close of school in June
NP Organizations: January 15th - 22nd
Others: January 23rd - January 30th
Close of School in June through mid- August
NP Organizations: April 1st - 7th
Others: April 8th - 15th
Field Operating Hours
To protect the playing fields in New Providence from long-term damage, a practice or game should not commence, or continue on a field, regardless of weather, if:
Once a game or practice begins, if weather conditions deter to the point that damage to the field may occur, play must be suspended.
Every effort will be made to notify field users of any field closing by 3:30 pm each day. The Department of Public Works maintains authority to close a field at any time for various circumstances.
Type of Liability Coverage
Amount of Coverage
Commercial General Liability including Products Liability and completed Operation Liability
· General Aggregate Limit
· Products & Completed Operations Aggregate
· Personal & Advertising Injury Limit
· Each Occurrence Limit
· Fire Damage Limit
· Medical Expense Limit
Automobile Liability for owned, hired, and non-owned vehicles
Bodily Injury and property damage
* Must list the Borough of New Providence as Additionally Insured *
The General Aggregate limit will be increased to $3,000,000 if alcohol is being served at the event, and the each occurrence limit will be increased to $3,000,000 if alcohol is being served at the event. The Borough reserves the right to increase the above requirements as needed, based on type of rental.
Facility Rental Rates
· Council Chambers
· Meeting Room
DE CORSO COMMUNITY CENTER
· Small Meeting Room
· Large Meeting Room (including kitchen)
· Grove Terrace Park
· Hillview Field
o Baseball #1
o Baseball #2
· Lincoln Park
· Lions Park
· Oakwood Park
o Baseball (lower)
o Baseball (upper)
o Use of lights add’l
· Warner Field
OUTDOOR BASKETBALL COURTS
· Community Pool
· Community Pool with Lights
OAKWOOD PARK - PICNIC PERMIT
$50.00 DEPOSIT REQUIRED FOR ALL OAKWOOD PARK - PICNIC PERMITS
*CLASS #1 – No charge, except:
· A charge may be imposed when the facility is used after regular business hours or when determined necessary or appropriate by the Administrator. Please contact Administration for rates.
· A charge will be imposed for fundraising events, or one for which a voluntary offering is collected. The fee will be determined by the Administrator after a review of the application.
· An additional fee may be assessed if the facility is left in an unsatisfactory condition after the event.
· A charge will be made for requested incremental Borough services. This charge shall be assessed by the Administrator based on the incremental services provided.
Athletic Facility Light Schedule
· Municipal Tennis Courts
· Community Pool Basketball Courts
· Oakwood Park
o Skating Pond
Use of Oakwood Park, when lit will be subject to the following guidelines:
1. No events will be scheduled on Sundays that will require any lights.2. Monday through Saturday all events will be scheduled and completed so that the lights will be turned off by 9:00pm.3. Oakwood Park will only be lit when an approved, scheduled activity is taking place.
4. Oakwood Park lights are practice lights only, not game lights, and will be used accordingly.