Permit Information Packet
Crane Ordinance Information
1. Any use of County roads, structures or facilities which impede vehicular and/or pedestrian traffic shall necessitate the employment of a Police Traffic Director for directing and management of traffic. Please contact the appropriate municipal police.
2. The applicant is required to notify the County Engineer’s Office at least 48 hours prior to the starting of work at 201-369-4340.
3. The Road Opening Permit shall not be effective until applicant provides proof to the County that “One Call” Damage Prevention System 1-800-272-1000 has been notified.
4. Emergency Contact Person with (24 hour) telephone numbers must be provided.
5. All construction shall be in accordance with “NJDOT Standard Specifications for Road & Bridge Construction” 2019 amended.
6. Provide necessary lights, barricades, plates and a clear walkway at all times during the course of work to protect the traveling public. All work area signs and barricades shall be as per MUTCD requirements.
7. All backfill is to be done with quarry process stone Type 1-5 or DGA for the full depth of the trench.
8. The pavement is to be restored with ten inches (10”) of HMA 25M64 and two inches (2”) of 12.5M64 properly compacted. Final restoration must be completed within thirty (30) days of the opening. (Seasons permitting) infrared repave shall be required to all road openings, regardless to age and/or condition to the existing roadway.
9. Any opening of ten feet (10’) or longer shall be milled to a depth of two inch (2”) overlapping edges of the opening by twelve inches (12”)
10. Edges of the trench shall be cut in a straight line with a saw. The base is to be squared and cut on a vertical plane to a width and length of not less than twelve inches (12”) greater than the original cut. The surface restoration shall extend twelve inches (12”) wider and longer then the area of the base.
11. Any disturbed pavement markings must be restored immediately. Pavement markings must be restored to original or better condition. The restoration to construction must use the same or equivalent materials (3M-WR Thermoplastic Intermix) as originally installed. The restoration may be temporary (using paint) until the permanent markings are applied within thirty (30) days. Hudson County shall be held harmless in any and all accidents arising out of this work.
12. Excavation of Belgium blocks (Cobble Stones) or any other salvageable material from County Streets/Roads (with exception to historical roads) must be stock piled and later brought by the contractor or his designee to a designated site under the direction of the County Engineer.
13. For roads paved within the last five years, enhanced restoration methods will be utilized in accordance with Ordnance 529-9-2016. In Union City, their requirements for roads paved within the last 10 years shall be met.
14. If utility lines are to be decommissioned, the County will not take ownership of the abandoned lines. For pipelines, they shall either be removed or filled with inert, compacted material and sealed at both ends. If utility lines are to be left in place they shall continue to be marked out as part of the One Call System.
All work must conform to construction standards of jurisdiction and the requirements of attached conditions and Hudson County Ordinance # 116-2-1999 as amended. The Permittee agrees to comply with the current laws of the Federal Government and the State of New Jersey. The acceptance of this permit shall be deemed an agreement to abide by all terms conditions and requirements as set forth by the County of Hudson. Notice must be given 48 hours before work starts to the County Engineer for inspections.
This application must be made and approved before any work is started, except in cases of emergency. Telephone notice of an emergency must be made immediately and followed by a written permit within 24 hours of notice and/or the next business day. Failure to comply with the emergency procedures may be subject to fines in accordance with Ordinance 405-6-2017. The original permit must be available at the site at all times when work is in progress.
You can attach it to this application by clicking the 'Select files' button. *